My blog about my wargaming activities. I collect a lot of 15mm miniatures for the American War of Independence and so collect a lot of rules for this period. I started miniatures with Napoleonics, so I have a number of armies in 6mm and 15mm figures for skirmishing. I have15mm WW II figures that I use for Flames of War, Memoir '44, and someday, Poor Bloody Infantry. Finally there is my on-again, off-again relationship with paper soldiers that I sometimes write about.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
1. A Commander is now more like a DBA LH (Gen) element, rather than a DBN Commander.
2. Changing a lot of the terms, names, and acronyms.
3. Mounted Infantry and dismounting!
4. Light Cavalry push through and retreat.
5. Defining victory conditions.
Still to do (which I am trying out in my current game):
1. Changing the element's order (to and from Close to Loose, and to and from Loose to Open).
2. Scenarios (currently playing Videau's Bridge).
3. Army Lists.
Check out the new rules and tell me what you think.
- ► 2022 (19)
- ► 2019 (16)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (72)
- ► 2010 (70)
- ▼ 2009 (44)
To my Tactical Exercises and Micro-Games post Pat G. asks: I am not an FoW player so please excuse me if I am ignorant of specific game m...
Don and I went down to the local hobby shop ( Orbital Games in Sierra Vista, AZ) and played a test game of Saga , one of many new rules aim...
If you saw the "One-Hour" title and thought "Neil Thomas has put out another one", well you thought like I did. But no, ...
There was a post on The Miniatures Page about a "new" company making 6mm sci-fi figures: Onslaught Miniatures . I took one look a...
As always, let me start off by welcoming new reader TasminP. I hope you enjoy the read. As I threatened in my blog entry about Drums and ...
I have avoided reviewing the rules One-Hour Wargames ( OHW ) by Neil Thomas for quite a while for one simple reason: just reading through t...
I have shown several people my 6mm figures that I have painted and the comment I always get, which is often similar to what I read on the fo...
First, let me start by saying that I did not label this post as a "review". I did not get deep enough into the game to actually re...
So, I played a game of Memoir '44 with Don this weekend while waiting for a program to finish installing and, let's just say it was...
Well, I threatened to start re-basing my 6mm Napoleonics and that is what I have been doing in my spare time. I decided that I wanted them t...
- Huachuca City, Arizona, United States
- I am 58 yrs old now. I bought a house in Huachuca City, AZ working for a software company for the last three years. To while away the hours I like to wargame -- with wooden, lead, and sometimes paper miniatures -- usually solo. Although I am a 'rules junkie', I almost always use rules of my own (I like to build upon others' ideas, but it seems like there is always something "missing" or "wrong").