My blog about my wargaming activities. I collect a lot of 15mm miniatures for the American War of Independence and so collect a lot of rules for this period. I started miniatures with Napoleonics, so I have a number of armies in 6mm and 15mm figures for skirmishing. I have15mm WW II figures that I use for Flames of War, Memoir '44, and someday, Poor Bloody Infantry. Finally there is my on-again, off-again relationship with paper soldiers that I sometimes write about.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
1. A Commander is now more like a DBA LH (Gen) element, rather than a DBN Commander.
2. Changing a lot of the terms, names, and acronyms.
3. Mounted Infantry and dismounting!
4. Light Cavalry push through and retreat.
5. Defining victory conditions.
Still to do (which I am trying out in my current game):
1. Changing the element's order (to and from Close to Loose, and to and from Loose to Open).
2. Scenarios (currently playing Videau's Bridge).
3. Army Lists.
Check out the new rules and tell me what you think.
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (72)
- ► 2010 (70)
- ▼ 2009 (44)
To my Tactical Exercises and Micro-Games post Pat G. asks: I am not an FoW player so please excuse me if I am ignorant of specific game m...
Don and I went down to the local hobby shop ( Orbital Games in Sierra Vista, AZ) and played a test game of Saga , one of many new rules aim...
There was a post on The Miniatures Page about a "new" company making 6mm sci-fi figures: Onslaught Miniatures . I took one look a...
As always, let me start off by welcoming new reader TasminP. I hope you enjoy the read. As I threatened in my blog entry about Drums and ...
First, let me start by saying that I did not label this post as a "review". I did not get deep enough into the game to actually re...
First off, I would like to welcome Chris to the reader list, here and over at Solo Battles . Thanks for commenting on one of the entries ove...
Well, I threatened to start re-basing my 6mm Napoleonics and that is what I have been doing in my spare time. I decided that I wanted them t...
I have shown several people my 6mm figures that I have painted and the comment I always get, which is often similar to what I read on the fo...
So, I played a game of Memoir '44 with Don this weekend while waiting for a program to finish installing and, let's just say it was...
The miniature rules No Stars in Sight – Hard Sci-Fi Platoon Level Warfare is a set of rules based on the FiveCore game system, found in oth...
- Huachuca City, Arizona, United States
- I am 50 yrs old now. I bought a house in Huachuca City, AZ (although I have a townhouse in Houston, TX and a small home in Tucson, AZ) working on a contract for "the next two years" that is going on five years now. To while away the hours I like to wargame -- with wooden, lead, and sometimes paper miniatures -- usually solo. Although I am a 'rules junkie', I almost always use rules of my own (I like to build upon others' ideas, but it seems like there is always something "missing" or "wrong").