My blog about my wargaming activities. I collect a lot of 15mm miniatures for the American War of Independence and so collect a lot of rules for this period. I started miniatures with Napoleonics, so I have a number of armies in 6mm and 15mm figures for skirmishing. I have15mm WW II figures that I use for Flames of War, Memoir '44, and someday, Poor Bloody Infantry. Finally there is my on-again, off-again relationship with paper soldiers that I sometimes write about.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

AWI using Neil Thomas' Wargaming: An Introduction

I mentioned previously wanting to try AWI gaming using Neil Thomas' Napoleonic Wargaming rules, well Chuck and his club have apparently gamed the AWI using Mr. Thomas' other book Wargaming: An Introduction. You can find the modifications to the rules (PDF link) over on his blog.

Wargaming: An Introduction is the one book of Mr. Thomas' that I do not have, so I am not really sure what modifications in Chuck's file are due to the simplified rules used as a baseline as opposed to being changes he and his club implemented.

Although it is a fine start, and I am a self-confessed rules tweaker, I cannot help but make my own mark. Rather than start from the same book, I am going to use Napoleonic Wargaming as the basis. Those blog entries will be coming down the pike. As stated in the past, my thinking is heavily influenced by Matthew Spring's With Zeal and With Bayonets Only: The British Army on Campaign in North America 1775-1783. Although I have some quibbles with the book those are generally covered in Lawrence Babits' A Devil of a Whipping: The Battle of Cowpens.

More coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog and Forum Pages

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Huachuca City, Arizona, United States
I am 58 yrs old now. I bought a house in Huachuca City, AZ working for a software company for the last three years. To while away the hours I like to wargame -- with wooden, lead, and sometimes paper miniatures -- usually solo. Although I am a 'rules junkie', I almost always use rules of my own (I like to build upon others' ideas, but it seems like there is always something "missing" or "wrong").